- Banking and Finance
- Bidding Procedures
- Capital Markets
- Climate Risks
- Compliance and Anticorruption
- Concessions and PPPs
- Consumer Law and Product Liability
- Corporate Law
- Debt Restructuring
- Digital Law
- Dispute Resolution and Prevention
- Foreign Investment
- Fraud Prevention and Asset Recovery
- Insolvency and Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Funds
- Labor and Employment
- Listed Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil and Gas
- Personal Data Protection
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Public Law
- Real Estate
- Regulated Industries
- Regulation & Enforcement of Financial and Capital Markets
- Sustainable Finance and ESG Investments
- Transportation and Logistics
- White Collar Crime Defense and Corporate Investigations
Stocche Forbes provides legal advice on all tax issues affecting businesses and transactions in Brazil, at Federal and local levels. Our tax department works in integration and closely with all our other practices, such as M&A, project finance, banking, capital markets and real estate. Our clients include domestic and foreign entities acting across all major industries, as well as individuals and funds.
We have provided tax advice on some of the most complex and high-profile transactions completed in Brazil. Our expertise includes specific tax advice on:
- Mergers and acquisitions, and corporate restructurings in general;
- Structuring of infra-structure projects;
- Transactions in financial markets;
- Foreign investments in Brazil;
- Domestic and international tax planning; and
- Customs regulations.
Stocche Forbes has a strong practice in tax controversies, assisting our clients not only in the challenging of tax charges imposed at the Federal, State or Municipal levels, but also in the definition of strategies, both at the administrative and judicial spheres, for the recovery, in the most efficient manner, of taxes unduly paid.
Our attorneys closely follow up the development of the litigation cases we handle for our clients, what allow us to timely and proactively interact with the various courts, avoiding that a given case is ruled before all the facts and arguments have properly been submitted and thoroughly explained to the judges. As a consequence, our clients are always up to date on the current status of the tax disputes and aware of the next steps to be taken therein.
Our tax litigation team continuously monitors the decisions rendered in leading tax cases by the Higher Courts and by the other judicial and administrative judging bodies, what assures that our advices and litigation strategies always take into consideration the applicable case law whenever our clients need our assistance.